Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

How to ger rid of acne and acne scars ?

hello doctor , my sister, age 20, has acne in her chiks and forehead.she has tried many things, but nothing helps. it worsen in summers.and a puss comes out of it, and leave a scar mark. please suggest some home remedy. thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 30 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  279
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
she need regular face wash 3-4 times a day
avoid oily and spicy food
drink more water
never pick or popped it
avoid direct sun exposure
she need some medicine as pus is there
better to consult dermatologist
Answered: Mon, 30 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Apart from a good facewash and normal day to day care, she needs to use a product to remove the darkness, pigmentation in order to achieve a fairer skin tone. I would suggest you to use a Beaute Fairness Creme. One becomes one tone fairer in just 2 weeks. Acne would stop completely, dark spots would reduce, giving you a flawless neat glowing skin.

For more information: Contact: 9222999367
Regards !
Answered: Mon, 30 May 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Pimples are multifactorial ,and therefore one has to find the exact cause of it.I would not suggest you any home remedies ,because its not going to help you in any case.Its important to have a clear and flawless face in a girl ,so please follow a proper medical therapy for her.
Acne can be because of wrong use of soaps to moisturizers or any fairness creams which one is using , to hormonal disturbances (esp in females).So,a complete work up is necessary in all patients.Also one should remember that its not a short course treatment,but a matter of say 6 months or so if pimples are sever .
Firstly I would advise you to stop all cosmetic creams if your sister is using on her face. Also look for other features of hormonal imbalance in body like weight gain,irregular periods,facial hair & scalp hair loss.If she has any of these then get a hormonal profile done.In such cases conventional treatment for acne would not work,and one needs hormonal tablets to cure acne.
In case she doesn't have any hormonal imbalance & you don't respond to conventional treatment, then one can take retinoids .Retinoids is a wonderful medicine for acne ,provided one gets all the relevant investigations and takes care of all the precautions associated with it.
First take treatment of acne and then once completely healed then go for treatment of scars.

So,I would advise you to consult a good dermatologist and follow his advice with the above things in mind.

I hope this answers your query ,if you have any other question you can write back to us.

Answered: Mon, 30 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor