Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

How to cure pus cell in children?

wat if pus cells are found in childs stool test?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Sep 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  3096
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome.You should get culture and sensitivity of the stool done and then give appropriate antibiotic for the organism identified.Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 6 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi dawar,
Welcome to HCM.
Usually it is not pus cells but bacteria, that is detected in stool examination under microscope. Some of the bacteria are normally seen in the stool and are not of any consequence, such as E. Coli.
There are certain other bacteria which cause diarrhoea or dysentery. These need to be identified, culture and sensitivity test done to determine which antibiotic will be best suitable to eradicate that infection.
Wishing your child all the best.
Answered: Thu, 6 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
What is the normal range of pus cells in stool?
Answered: Mon, 13 Sep 2010
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
hi darwar,
Pus cells in the stools may be due to many causes, most common being colitis along with crypt abscess, or may be due to typhoid ilitis. Blood investigations required to rule out the causes, consult phycisian for further evaluation.
Take care
Answered: Thu, 6 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor