Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

How to control pcod ?

Mam since from last 3month my monthly periods are irregular ,i had consulted d doctor they said u had pcod,may i know hw 2 control dis,my age 23,weight 60kg,ht 5.3,suffering from pcod
Asked On : Fri, 2 Sep 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
PCOD is mainly lifestyle disorder in women. Due to stress, weight gain and bad eating habits it can be aggravated. You need to understand that weight loss by proper diet and regular exercise can help to cure this. PCOD is associated with Diabetes like state. So avoid junk, fatty, sweet, carbohydrate diet like much rice, dosa, idli. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Do regular cardio exercise everyday. Get your blood sugar tested regularly to see if the problem is decreasing with your proper approach. You will have irregular periods as long as there is hormonal disturbance. Conception may be a problem unless periods become regular, which may require oral contraceptive pills. Discuss with your Doctor in this regard.
Answered: Fri, 2 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor