Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

121 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to control high bood pressure without taking madicine?

how to control high bood pressure without taking madicine?
Wed, 14 Sep 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
One should not try to control HBP in moderate to severe HBP. ONe can try it only in
border line HBP.Change in life style,like regular exercise, avoiding exceess salt and
fatty food, avoiding high cabohydrate diet, giving up vices. Avoiding stress and taking
satisfactory sleep of 7 to 9hrs.Etc can give some benifit. Take care Thanks
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
if your blood pressure is moderately or very high,you have to go for antihypertensive medicine.There is no option.
If you got tendency of having high bp then with control of salt,fat and exercise will help.
Do not try yourself to control your bp,let your doctor decide.
Ok and bye.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hiroshi's  Response
Reduce foods: of high calory and also do some kind of small excercise. Mind should be always clam - involve in small small activities, don't get angry and don't think too much unnecesarily...I think this will work...
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i am aged 62 and have blood pressure 100-160. the doctor prescribed to take olmighty 20 every day morning after breakfast. My question is - if it is possible to control the pressure whether i take any exercise or change my food habit instead of taking the olmighty medicine?

doctor1 MD

Could I Get High Blood Pressure From Instaflex ?? I Am 43 6ft 221lbs, Gym 3-4 days A Week,Salt Intake Is Low, Caffeine Intake Is Low Also. Eating Salads & fruits Are Part Of My Weekly Diet. Should I Continue Taking Flaxseed Oil& Fish Oil, Will This Help With Blood pressure being To High. In Sress Situations By Blood Pressure Goes Higher, Is There Any Way Of Controling Without Medication.

doctor1 MD

My total cholesterol is 324 I took lovastatin and could not tolerate it well with muscle pain Now, my dr wants me to take high dollar crestor tried a day or two a non statin didn t like feeling like i had heartburn don t know what to take It has always been in my family to have high cholesterol and heart attacks on one side grandparents died from heart attacks at 59 and 67 years old I don t want to take pills if I am going to have high cholesterol anyway i also have high blood pressure and take med for that, but it is totally great right now , have lost weight, am active and don t really want to take any meds I am 55 years old Any suggestions I take metamucil (it helps) and mega red, and coq10, tumeric

Recent questions on  Hypertension

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...

                                        My father Mr. Paresh nath Pal, 69 years old having major kidney failure, wanted to know about what are the ways or alternatives.

I am providing details about him till now.

He has Hyper Tension , Diabetes for near about last 20 years. Pacemaker have been implanted on 2006 because of low pulse rate.

According to his recent report on 8th april:

Blood pressure- 124\75

Blood sugar- fasting92\pp141

Blood urea-104

Blood creatinine-3.90

potassium 4.8


doctor1 MD

Dear colleaggues, I'm Ingrid Hilman, MD, 58 years. had my stenting on 17 Feb, 3 stents in LAD and RCA.

Since 2 weeks ago, I develop severe headaches, esp during the iningt or when I wake up in the morning and also palpitation (heart rate > 90). I feel weak during palpitation. I do not have hypertension (my BP is between 90-110 and 70-80). I do not have obesity, smoking habits, my lab is pretty good only LDL 100.

Is this because of the herbresser that I take 3 times a day?

Other drug that I take;

- Aspirin 1 x 100 mg

- Plavix 1 x 75 mg

- Lipitor 1 x 10 mg.

Appreciate your inputs on my above complaints. Thank you very much

doctor1 MD

I am 54 yrs man. Last morning when I masterbaded, i passed some rust coulured semen and some light yellow coloured semen. I am single for the last 12 yrs but have had irregular sex with few partners with healthy and good background. I have no other problem, except high BP for which I take medicene and the BP remain under control. I also maintain normal health and am regularly practicing yoga. But I am very worried about the red semens. Pl advice what to do. Many Thanks!

doctor1 MD

I am a 25 yr old female that has recently lost 70 pounds and suffers from pcos. I am off all the bp medicines I was taking, and have been on a gluten free diet since 4/21/11 b/c I am allergic to wheat. I have been getting dizzy, lightheaded, and have a fast heart rate and low blood pressure when standing or sitting up. my heart rate is usually in the 60 -70 range when resting, and it's been in the high 90 - 100 range while resting. The dizziness started Sunday 6/19/11 all of a sudden, and I have kept track of my BP and symptoms since Sunday. I get this intense pressure in my head, and the get dizzy, and my heart will race when I start to feel yucky, I have trouble breathing, when my heart rate is up this high for no apparent reason. My BP will be 93/62 and HR 101 standing, or it can be 114/65 and HR 80 a few minutes later.. but if I go from lying down to sitting, it will be elevated, then it elevates when I stand, if I lay down everything is fine.. the pressure in my head goes away, the dizzyness goes away, and the HR goes back to normal... I have a shunt in place for hydrocephalus, my first shunt was placed at the age of two weeks, and first revision was done 4/5/2010. I want to know what is causing this fluctuation in BP and the dizziness, and fast HR...thanks

doctor1 MD

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

doctor1 MD

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

doctor1 MD

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...