How serious are mini strokes ?

how serious are mini strokes?
Fri, 18 Dec 2009
's  Response
Quite a big deal. The underlying pathology is the same as a normal stroke though.

I have chronic microvascular disease of the brain , I want to know how serious this is. I am 48 and uninsured so I cannot afford the mra the echo cardiogram or all the blood tests that the neurologist wants to do. I just want to know if it can kill me. The mri also has shown that I already had a mini stroke at some time in my life. What can I do to change this or is it possible to chang it.??

my sister is 52 right side of her body was numb, they said she had a mini stroke. her artery on her right side of her neck is 70 percent closed, she was in the hospital and they kept her sedated but when she would wake up she was very mean and agetated. she left the hosp and is at home. she is not the same person

My mother in law had a massive stroke and continues to have mini strokes. They have already told us there is nothing they can do for her and have moved her to a nursing facility with hospice. She has not eaten or had anything to drink for 4 days but continues to pee. She is on Morphine and Valium to keep her comfortable. How can she urinate if she is not eating or drinking anything. Her medication is given in liquid form under her tongue. How long can she go like this and how is she still urinating with no food or drink?