Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How is frontal scalp baldness treated ?

i am a 37 year old black man, 5 7 , 135 lbs and overall good medical history but with a family history of frontal scalp baldness and now the front of my hair has started to recede. what can i do? D. Harrison in Jamaica
Asked On : Thu, 4 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi ,
Welcome to HCP.

You can add nutritional supplements which will help you increase hair growth and as well you can also consult an dermatologist. Eat lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome To HCM.
You have hereditary pattern of baldness.It is very difficult to control but certain medicines and local treatment is there to reduce it for that you have to consult dermatologist for better guidance and medical mangement.
Otherwise use proper hair oil,do gentle massage of it on scalp.
Take all nutricious diet and proper liquid intake,avoid stress.
Hair transplant is the best choice of treatment in future for you.
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor