How effective is lasix for cough?

my 9yr. old shih Tzu has a heart murmur. she was coughing a lot, and dr. put her on Lasix, she also takes vetimed and potassium 2x daily. she has a good appetite, but won t eat her prescription food for cardiac problems. the last few days I haven t given her Lasix, because she s not coughing at all. she acts perky and hungry a lot. am I wromng for not giving her the Lasix all the time.?
Sat, 5 Apr 2014
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

lasix removes from fluid from the body due to her heart problem there is a there tendency of water collection an edema of the intestines which causes loss of appetite and poor absorption of the food taken so lasix should be taken to improve her apetite