Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How do you test for histamine intolerance? Have allergic rhinitis. Had nasal polyps

Age 54, weight 195, type 2 diabetic, menopause , - How do you test for histamine intolerance? Allergic rhinitis my whole life, recently had nasal polyps, allergic to aspirin, ibprofen, sulfa drugs and mizicorium (an anastethic) Allergist finds very little: slight allergy to cats, goose feathers, tomatoes, dust mites. Loratadine and air conditioning helps. Also saline and a lower histamine diet. Any advice would be helpful. I believe the histamine problem is in my family for 4 generations. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you seem to be allergic to many thing also its severe..
i suggest you visit immunologist /allergy specialist and you have to under go a test called skin prick test..which will identify most of the allergens you are allergic to..once this is done then there is a treatment called immunotherapy. it is highly effective treatment.. you have to take it for arround 3-4yrs and your allergy will reduce by 80-90 percent. it is done for drugs too.
histamine is a substance produced by the body itself once you come in contact with the allergen.. which causes symptoms
immunotherapy is currently best treament and also very effective.
thank you
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor