How can severe pain in the legs due to diabetic neuropathy be treated?

I have type 2 diabetes and my sugars run in the upper 200 s and I have had this pain in my left legs which feels like frostbite. Sometimes it feels like a rubber band tightening on my leg. I have had this pain for two years and all the dr. say I have is neuropathy. My leg feels like a brick dragging. Please help me because I can t take this pain anymore. I need a specialist.
Thu, 30 Aug 2018

You can take analgesics like Gabapentin or Tramadol for pain relief.

If symptoms persist it is better to consult an orthopedician and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.