How can pain and burning sensation in the hands be treated?

My hands burn, sting, and are very painful. I take Neurontin for undiagnosed peripheral neuropathy. I am 61 and symptoms have varied over time since I was 10 when I believe my neck was damaged during a bronchoscopy. I see my neurologist in a few weeks. What can I do tonight to relieve symptoms. I also suffer from depression. The pain and depression exacerbate each other. It’s too bad I have to pay for this. I’m sorry I wasted your time.
Fri, 24 Aug 2018

Peripheral neuropathy affects hands and feet equally in glove and stocking pattern. Means hands and feet are affected first with burning sensation, tingling and numbness in affected area. If you have numbness only in hands with no feet involved possibility of nerve root compression in cervical spine should be considered. Diabetic neuropathy involves hand and feet equally. To relieve symptoms you should start tab pregalin x 75 mg one at bedtime. Strict control of diabetes is must to prevent further damage to nerves. Injury to hand and feet should be prevented by regular self examination. I would like to advise Mri of cervical spine to rule out spine pathology.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.