Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

How can one cure white patches on the penis ?

I have noticed 3 white patches on the outer skin of my penis came suddenly yesterday, what should I apply?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and welcome to HCM.

Whenever you notices something unusual on the penis, it is important to rule out a sexually transmitted infection.
I strongly recommend you to consult a doctor. Your doctor will look for any sores that might be from herpes or syphilis infection and will also be able to tell if you have any genital warts. These are the major three sexually transmitted infections that can cause skin finding on the penis. If these have been ruled out, then you probably don't need to worry about these spots. There are a few anatomic variations that are found on the penis that are totally normal, depending on where they are. For example, if they spots are mostly on the shaft of the penis and appear as numerous small white or yellow spots bumps under the skin, they may be Fordyce spot. Fordyce spots are simply prominent skin glands that show through due to the relative thinness of the skin on the shaft of the penis.
They are completely normal and do not require treatment. If the spots are around the rim of the head of the penis, these may be pearly penile papules, which are another benign finding that doesn't require treatment.

All the best
Dr Santosh
Answered: Thu, 20 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor