How can one conceive when the left fallopian tube is blocked after an ectopic pregnancy?

Hi Dr. Andrew Rynne, I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2015, I m 35 yrs of age so I m trying for a baby since after an ectopic, I found out that my left type is blocked so I don t no what to do cause don t have money for IVF and now I m on folic acid hoping to help, I was taking Femara 5mg tablet for two month nothing happen so I need to no if there is something I can do...
Fri, 11 Jan 2019
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi, I think you can conceive with one patent tube also. You can go for ovulation induction with timed intercourse for 3 cycles. You can take some medicines like clomiphene for inducing ovulation and track your follicles growth by repeated ultrasound and when follicle is more than 17 to 18 mm, take injection for rupture of follicles. Be in contact with your husband for 2 to 3 days after the injection. Take progesterone for next 2 weeks after rupture is confirmed on ultrasound. Do a urine pregnancy test after that. If it doesn't work, then you can go for IUI. Talk to your doctor regarding this.