Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

How can my patient's uncontrolled seizures be treated? All reports normal , on medication.

my patient has seizure disorder and it appeared when he was at 7 years old.he is now at 20 but his problem remains.he take carbamazipine CR 200mg but his seizure remain like past.Test like CTscan, EEG are done.CTscan is normal but in EEG repeated bout of generalized slow and sharp waves are noted.In immunology report carbamazepine found 4.21 ug/ml neurologist give advice to take carbamazipine CR 200mg one tablet per day. but his seizure remains uncontrol. his seizure appeared almost every morning.what can we do for control this seizure??????????????
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Thank you for consulting on HealthcareMagic. First of all the epilepsy syndrome is not classified in to primary or secondary. Secondly it is surprising to see to treat some one with 200 mg of CBZ once daily which is terribly inadequate foa a adult. Increase the dose of the medicine and he is likely to respond. If not consult a good Neurologist. Bye
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Along with this treatment you can take support of ayurveda .consult aayurveda docter.
As he has congenital disease.also you can take a psychiatry opinion somtimes it is very beneficial to adjust the dose.. consult aayurveda docter
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor