Owl Image

How can chronic cough be treated?

i have been experiencing a heavy cough which i feel is happening because of the Hiatal Hernia i have. This morning i took my Omeprazole waited an hour and had breakfast . The cough started about an hour after and continued on and off most of the day. On my way home i thought it might be a mucus cough so i took some Robitussin. it helped for a little but then the cough was back. I thought that because after the cough that there was a odd taste in my back of my mouth that it might be the hernia. i had some dinner ,bland, and a bit after took some Tums. The cough is a bit better and the taste has lessend but when i do cough it is deep and center of chest. Other than the Tums is thereanything else i should do?
Fri, 9 Feb 2018
Hello,my name is dr.Dorina Gurabardhi.I understand your concern.
Your cough seems to be related to gastroesophageal reflux.
Some advices that I can give to you are:     
-I suggest you to use a medications such as Nexium once a day in the morning before breakfast
-avoid spicy foods
-Avoid caffeine and alcohol
-quit smoking if you smoke already
Hope my answer was helpful.If you have any other question Ill be glad to help.
dr.Dorina Gurabardhi