Thanks for contacting with your health concern and since I'm unable to examine you directly, following should be your symptomwise approach:
1. . As you are suffering from the sinus problem for the last 4 days [upper respiratory problem thus consultation with an ENT physician is essential.
PS. CT scan of the sinuses
can help confirm the diagnosis, till then:
- steam inhalation to help loosen thick mucus.
- regular nasal rinses.
- Avoid heavy, slimy and acidic food, curd, mustard oil, excess physical exertion, sunlight-dust areas, exposure to strong winds, day sleeping, smoking, potato, green leafy vegetables. Cold water/food
2. With the history of chronic symptoms of cough/congestion either there is the possibility of seasonal allergy
or Acute bronchitis
, as such you should see a Chest Specialist for relevant physical examination and investigation like
. Hb%, WBC for eosinophilia
. X-ray chest for TB, Pneumonia
. If other investigations are normal, HIV test
PS. As a cough is there, thus this is an indication for immediate chest X-ray.
ii. The choice of antibiotic will vary from doctor to doctor, and from locality to locality, till then
- maintain good oral hygiene
, rinse your mouth after every meal, avoid smoking, tobacco chewing
- Take mainly soft diet
- rice, chapati, or phulka, with nonspicy vegetables.
- Avoid fried foods like wada, samosa, dosa, pakodas, papad,namkeen and potato chips, avoid hotel food.
. Do not take any cold drinks, cold water, ice cream, chilled food from the refrigerator.
. Avoid sour fruits like citrus fruits, grapes, take sweet fruits- bananas, papaya
. Steam Inhalation and warm salt water gargles.
. Cover the mouth while coughing (using hand or handkerchief) to prevent the spread of infection to other family members.