Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

How can I reduce the pain resulting due to clavicle fracture years ago and live like a normal person ?

I am 22 years old and broke my collar bone severly when I was 16. I have always had aches and pains that come and go in various intensities,but recently the pain has progressed to a point where it is effecting my sleep and many other things. I am very active and have not been able to perform as well as normal, I get shortness of breath , and sometimes the pain gets to a point where i have to stop whatever I m doing and tAke a breather. I stretch it regularly and have my girlfriend massage it, but that only offers very temporary relief. Whenever i move my left shoulder there is a grinding, cracking, and popping that can be very painful. There is so much tightness in my arm pit I am afraid to touch it sometimes. What are my options for living with this injury? It has got to the point where it is noticeably affecting my life for the worse.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It appears that the healing is not complete as there may have been some soft tissue which may have come in between the healing bones. Also you may have developed some neurological lesion there. You need to get an X-ray and review with the Orthopaedician immediately. Take a pain killer after a mean for some relief.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor