Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

How can I confirm that I have breast cancer ?

I m a mother of 4 aged 39 years old , with my youngest son aged 3 . I have a lump in my right breast for about 6-7months now , few months ago I had the same lump and i consulted a physician and I went through a scan and the results had been weekly positive and the doctors concluded it as fileria and I was under medication for few months and then the lump disappeared and now again after 4 months I ve got the same lump in my right breast and this time I had pains and again I consulted a doctor and I was asked to do the FNAC test ( Fine needle aspiration ) biopsy . The results had shown that there is a suspicion that I m suffering from BREAST CANCER . I would like to consult you and confirm whether I ve got Breast Cancer .
Asked On : Thu, 30 Dec 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. The diagnosis of breast cancer if primarily by accuarte clinical exammination, FNAC coupled with mamography if required. In your case, because your results have been indecisive, you must go in for a trucut biopsy which would help reach an accurate diagnosis probably. A variety of special tests called as IHC can be done on tissue pre-operatively to confirm that you have/ have not breast cancer. Surgical oncologists are the people who can guide you further on this. Also please do not unnecessarily delay diagnosis. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 10 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
A cancerous lump/growth can be confirmed by its appearance and the type of cell it contains ( shown by FNAC). If there is a suspicion of cancer, the test can be repeated , also there are other blood tests i.e. tumor markers which are helpful for diagnosis. An ONCOLOGIST can help you here.
If the lump is non- cancerous (benign) you may opt for alternative therapy also. But if its cancer, surgery and chemo/radio therapy are to be done.
Answered: Thu, 30 Dec 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor