Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Hot grease splattered into eye, flushed with water. Still irritated. blurred eyes. Will it go ?

last night hot grease splattered into my eye. I flushed it out with warm water it was irritated for a little while but then went away. This morning its blurry in my eye and ive tried to flush it out but its still blurry. It doesnt hurt but it is hard to see things clearly through this eye do I need to go see a doctor or will this go away?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  870
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Kandy,You should definitely go for your eye check up as it is a chemical injury with the grease.The grease may have caused epithelial defect and stromal edema in your cornea due to which your vision has dropped.Since it was hot also you may have a corneal or conjunctival burn in your eye.I would suggest you to rush to your ophthalmologist who can start on antibiotic and steroid looking at the condition of your eye even if it doesn't hurt.If it is a grade 1 chemical injury you will retain the vision what you had before. ...TC bye..DR Ajay Shankar Kar, cornea consultant, Sankar foundation eye hospital, Vizag.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor