is an autoimmune condition in which the normal skin cycle of 28-30 days is reduced to just 2-3 days. This increased skin cycle leads to the formation of silvery white scales. This might just affect certain parts of the body like scalp
, nails,joints or might be generalised. The exact cause if unknown, but stress
is considered to be an important risk factor. Seasonal aggravations are known. Homeopathy
being a mind and body medicine helps in effectively controlling the progress of psoriasis. A detailed case history is required for the same for which you would need to visit a homeopath personally. As per WHO guidelines, a relapse free period for 5 consecutive years is termed as cure.
A few precautions that needs to be followed-
1) Avoid any kind of friction or injury
as psoriasis is known to spread to those parts
2)Keep the skin moistened with oil application, olive oil or vaseline petroleum jelly. Preferably apply those immediately after a bath, as the skin tends to absorb them better when slightly wet.
3) Avoid having hot baths or bathing for a long time, as this dries the skin further.
4) Alsi (Flax seeds) or fish, nuts like walnut (rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids) helps a lot .
5) Avoid intake of red meat (pork, mutton) as it tends to aggravate psoriasis.
6) Undertake certain breathing exercises, which help in relieving stress to some extent.
A combination of medicines, diet and exercises help in faster recovery.