Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Holes in both eardrums, tubes fitted. Ear popped on blowing, severe pain. How to relieve pain?

I have holes in both eardrums- I have had tubes put in my ears from age 5 until 16. I been congested for the past few days. This morning I blew my nose my ear popped and I been having pain since. I took 2 Benadryl pills. When I get stuffed up it just happens to be on one side of the nasal passage. Why and what should I take to relieve the pain and what s the best over the counter medicine to take for this. I have no headache just the congested part. I can t go to the ENT specialist I have no health insurance. Should I really be concern over my ear popping and still hurts its been 29 minutes and still hurting
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Holes in ear drum needs to be treated, as its a risk factor for recurrent ear infection. you need to avoid entry of water into ear while bathing.
You can take paracetamol to reduce pain and congestion, and antihistamine medications.
Better to consult ENT specialist and get examined.
Hope I answered your question.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Vidya
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor