Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Hit on knee, MRI scan normal, pain, lateral knee injury. Treatment?

Hi doctor,i am ganesh 26 year old,3 years back ,i met a minor accident to my right knee ,doctors reported through MRI scan as normal,but still i am getting pain , orthopedic told me its lateral knee injurer,it can be cured by surgery but MRI is normal,then i have taken physiotherapy but no use,it had been 2 years since still the pain persisted,Please suggest me what treatment it will cure my pain ,often i do walking ,running in the morning. i want get rid of this ,which treatment is better for this long continuous persisted pain.
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.

If you had the injury 3 years back, it is most likely that you are suffering from the long term side effects of the knee injury. MRI scan being normal shows that the ligaments and menisci are normal. It happen that your joint cartilage has undergone some degeneration. This can cause irritation of nerve endings which is perceived as pain. I suggest you consult a different orthopedician and get examined by him. If felt necessary, he may ask for X ray or MRI scan to be repeated depending on clinical findings. Treatment might involve rest and medications.

Hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 30 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor