Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Hit on ace-tabular area, MRI showed ruptured disc, herniation, knee injury, MRI showed Baker's cyst. Treatment advise?

Hi, almost four months ago, I was in accident in a grocery store. I was hit, left acetabular area crushed into a rack, then thrown backwards to the floor. When I was taken, by ambulance, to the hospital, they wouldn t treat me, because they didn t know who was going to pay the bill, and since I was on Medicare , they said that THEY wouldn t pay. Needless to say, it s taking me Forever to get all my injuries treated. My pain management Dr ordered an MRI , a month after the accident, and it showed a ruptured disc at C4-C5, resting on nerve roots & a herniation at L4-L5 resting on nerve roots also. I m on Fentanyl & Lorcet, which Thank God, help with the Extreme Migraine type Headaches & Constant pain in the neck & back. My concern is my right knee, which was badly injured also, along with some type of an acetabular problem. I had an MRI done about two weeks ago, that revealed a Baker s Cyst . My Dr said he doesn t see anything Else that would be causing such pain. I had an Extreme Burn down the Whole leg, which lasted for at least a month, then the same Burn in back of the knee, for another two months. I still have significant swelling, pain & it feels like a Screw Fell Out in there, that s how it Feels. Can you give me some advise?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
hello and thanks for the query,
well given the problems you are facing it is definitely because of the ruptured disc and the herniation I would suggest you consult a spine surgeon immediately and get it evaluated and he would guide you regarding the treatment also and for the l4-l5 herniation maybe physiotherapy will be of some use. baker's cyst as such requires simple excision so the priority should be to consult the spine surgeon and get treated.
take care.
Answered: Tue, 7 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor