Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Hit forehead. Had a large bump above eye on forehead. Should I be concerned?

I'm a 30 year old female. 3.5 months ago, I slipped in the bathroom, hit my forehead on the hard tile wall. Within hours I had a large bump above my eye on my forehead. Swelling went down after 2 weeks, but now 3.5 months later, there is still a small hard bump under the skin. Not painful, but slight discomfort if I touch it and sometimes I will get a small tension headache if I put pressure on the bump. Should I be concerned? Should I see a doctor? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  205
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi there, thanks for asking. Many head traumas can cause post concussion syndrome. There is no evidence in the MRI or CAT scan, but the doctor can ask about many things like your mood, your anger control, your sleep, your concentration and etc to see if you have it. It is very important to treat it, otherwise it can cause problem for a long time. The bump itself should also be examined to see if there is any problem. I wish you a good health.
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor