Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

History of concussion. Swollen eye, bruised head. How to treat?

Was in an auto accident 2.5 yrs ago. Concussion . Left side of head felt bruised for 2 years but this constant feeling that my eye is swollen - it s not - never goes away. Please note, If I am in a relaxed position (on couch) - it feels fine. I sit at work, and it s when it seems to flare up? I don t know where to begin for help. * Neurologist gave me a nerve block once and it seemed to help immediately. Will this last forever?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query,

I understand your problem

Let me tell you that you may not have ever lasting such problem. You need to stay relaxed. If the concussion has happened 2 years back, you do not have to worry at all. If you feel that you have some eye problem, I will advise you to go for an evaluation which will include checking the eye pressure. Already one neurologist has examined you and he must have discussed with you about the issues of concussion.

Please let me know If I can help you any way

Best wishes
Dr Gopal K Dash MD, DM, Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)
Consultant Neurologist and Epilepsy specialist
Nrayana Hrudayalaya Hospital, Bangalore
My Blog in the Web site:
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor