Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Hip pain after total hip arthroplasty, have sarcoidosis, fibromyalgia and lupus

i had a total hip arthroplasty eighteen months ago, shortly thereafter the surgery site formed a huge hematoma and then when it was debrided and irrigated a tissue sample was taken and almost two months later the sample was said to have mycobacterium kansasii. how is this treated. I have a lot of pain in both hips now. (I previously had a artrhoplasty on the other hip because of avaxular necrosis caused by steroids which were given to save my eyesight I have sarcoidosis , fibromyalgia and lupus erthemy... I hardly able to walk now and do t know what to do.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
With the information given, its difficult to interprete the case .you SHOULD consult the operating doctor as soon as possible. he will most probably give you IV antibiotics. and YES,this is treatable. you will be fine if you act quickly. take care :)
Answered: Fri, 23 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor