Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Hip pain after being kicked by a donkey. Help

I was bucked off of a donkey during a charity basketball game landing almost supine. As a result I have experienced severe pain in my left hip in particular when entering the driver side of car and more specifically when shifting my left leg into car after being seated. If I try to lift my left leg let s say to do a bent left knee stretch there is pain in my hip. The injury is four months old. Help.....
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Having pain in a four month old injury can be due to affection of deeper hip structures and lower spine. You need to have an MRI scan of the area to know the exact cause. Taking pain killers along with muscle relaxants and regular hot fomentation will be helpful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sun, 5 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor