Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

High LFT. Fatty lever. Suggestions?

Hi Radhakrishna, I have high LFT's but I see no adverse effects. I had consulted a local specialist and he advised I am suffering from Fatty liver disease and to get LFT's under the favourable range he recommended I reduce my weight. I am not a heavy drinker of alcohol either. Do you think there is a way to treat Fatty liver?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
Fatty liver with raised enzymes (LFT) is a condition which merits prompt treatment and follow up.
If untreated the condition can progress to cirrhosis.
The treatment comprises of
1. Weight reduction.
2. Diet should be high protein , moderate carbohydrate and poor fat diet.
3. Regular exercise for at least 30 minutes.
4. Medications (combination of tricholine citrate and sorbitol for 6 months along with ornithine compounds for 6 weeks)
5. Repeat ultrasound after 6 months.
6. Repeat LFT every 4 weeks to ensure fall in the enzyme levels.
7. Abstinence from all alcoholic beverages.
I am sure you will be cured of the fatty liver with the protocol I have suggested.
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor