Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Hiatal hernia pressing on diaphragm, oesophageal spasms, COPD. Which specialist will be able to help?

My mother has a very large hiatal hernia pressing on the diaphram. Her esophogus constantly spasms. She cannot eat solid food, she s living on yogurt, pudding, jello. She also has COPD . She has had multiple surgeries in the past and has adhesions. The family and her GI Dr., believe surgery is inevitible. Do you believe she s a HIGH Risk patient ? How would we find a High Risk Surgeon?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  246
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi and thanks for the query,
certainly she will need to see a surgeon specialized in visceral surgery, with much experience. Her past surgical history shall certainly warrant a good surgical team. A visceral surgeon could be better placed to do the surgery and organize the team,
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sun, 3 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor