Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Height 4 feet 10 inches, weight 300 pounds, not from overeating, cause of severe weight gain

I am looking for a doctor to help my daughter. She is 14 years old.4 feet 10 inches and is 300 pounds.I have been trying to get her family doctor for years to help me and tests her for problems,explaining t\o deaf ears that this is not from over eating.It gradually began at 4 years old and over the past 3 years has been very rapid.She is almost homebound and has just been able to not be able to handle going to school.As you know with tjiw she is limited in so many ways and I can not get any one to help me.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Hi Marie, Welcome to Health care magic.

I do see that you are talking about your daughters weight gain. At this young age, increase in weight definitely needs attention. It would be great if you mentioned her diet pattern. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables along with consistent exercise will definitely help her reduce the weight. Also, you will have to talk to her and make her determined to lose weight and think positive about the same. Involve few friends and make them talk to her positively on the same. Once she gets the determination, am sure she will do well. You need to help her achieve it. Good Luck!!!
Answered: Sat, 12 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Shalini Balakrishnan's  Response
Greetings from HCM.
You have not mentioned whether your daughter speaks well, i.e, has she developed good speech since childhood & does she converse well? Also if she has any ear discharge/pain etc? If she has been having this hearing problem since childhood, then you should get her ears and hearing checked with the ENT specialist, to assess if this is a congenital(from birth) problem or not. There are tests available to detect the exact cause of her hearing defect. In order to carry out these tests, first and foremost she needs to have her ears examined to check for any obvious problems. So just visit your ENT doctor soon. I am sure he/she will be able to help you with the problem.
Answered: Mon, 13 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor