Heart pausing for 1 second, then starts again with a strong thud

I m 22 and started having this about 2 years ago. My heart suddenly feels like it s pausing for 1 second, then starts again with a strong thud. Right at that moment it feels like 2 strong beats that are occuring simultaneously. It s brief but uncomfortable. It makes me think I have heart problems. I alos get frequent palpitations, despite the fact that i don t use coffee. I had a scary PSVT attack when i was 18, they don t know what caused it, they said i was ok. When i have EKG it never shows anything. I ve even done the Holter monitor for 24 hours, nothing unusual. What other tests can I have? Anyone else with a similar problem? It worries me because I hear of seemingly healthy young people suddenly collapsing and turning out to have fatal heart conditions..
Tue, 15 Dec 2009