Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Hearing loss in left ear, experiencing loud noises. How to rectify?

I am experiencing hearing loss in my left ear, have gone for a hearing test and an MRI , the hearing test confirmed a definate loss. The MRI showed everything to be fine, since then I have also experienced a very loud noise like water running in the left ear which has lasted up to 7 hours...there is no pain, just very annoying and do now have a noise most of the I can feel the loss...any thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

I have understood your concern about the noise and the hearing loss.

What your are experiencing is called tinnitus and this is very common when you have a hearing loss especially of the sensorineural nature. It is imperative that you initiate a treatment called the ENT cocktail consisting of steroid like methylprednisolone in doses of 8 mg thrice daily in tapering doses, along with zincovit once daily and also a tablet called tinnicar twice daily after food for two weeks (you may even try the injection if you are unable to get relief).

Try not to concentrate on the sound and do not meddle with your ear. Get a full health check up done so that any other problem can be solved.

take care and get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Mon, 2 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor