Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Headache. Taken neurofen, aspirin. What is going on? Try craniosacral therapy?

Hi, I am asking a question for my partner. He is 27 years old and from Ireland. He has suffered from severe pain in his head since childhood (not exactly headaches ), and we are becoming very concerned about them. The pain can last for days at a time, and the pain level is unbearable for him. Paracetamol , neurofen , asprin, diclofenac , etc - none of these medications reduce his pain. Here is a list of descriptors of his pain: -pain around the top of the head - he describes it as cracking , accompanied by pins and needles in the area. -pain radiates down the back of his neck near spinal cord , does not come around to the front of the neck. -pain can travel past the ears onto the front of the face, and he gets pins and needles/some numbness in his face. He has had an MRI & CT scan (not for these symptoms, however they showed no tumors or abnormalities), he s tried chiropractic treatment for 4 months to no avail, seen an applied kinesiologist who suspects he s pre-diabetic with sugar on the brain from a life-long poor diet with a high sugar content - he s cut a lot of sugar from his diet; now he s trying craniosacral therapy , though he s been for two treatments over two days and a headache that began before his first treatment has not been relieved to any degree, and is in fact getting worse. The pain is so severe that he just cannot take it anymore. Remembering that he has had this kind of pain since childhood, as far back as he can remember, what do you think could be the problem? I thought perhaps a trapped nerve or something, but his headaches come and go. Please try and give us some answers. I feel so awful that he is suffering and I cannot help him to relieve the pain. Thanks, Lisa.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Feb 2018
Hi Lisa. Your concern for the partner who is suffering from such a pain is correct. This can very well be a entrapped nerve, which causes more pain on compression. These are called neuralgia. I would refer such patients to the Neurologist and there are better medicines for control of such pains. As CT and MRI are normal , there is nothing serious about this , of course the disturbance is far more with such type of pain. You can even ask the Neurologist whether the patient needs a review by psychiatrist. He will refer only if he is sure about it. IT may be worth to take acupressure or puncture treatment as this helps many.
Answered: Mon, 30 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor