Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Head injury. Bruising, dizziness. Should I see a doctor?

Hi, last night before I fell asleep, I needed to go to the bathroom. I think I may have got out of bed too fast because after about 5 steps, I passed out and banged my head on the toilet seat. There was a big bruise on my forehead , but I felt ok and after a while I went to sleep, feeling fine. This morning I felt fine too, but now I feel kind of dizzy. What I would like to know is if I should see a doctor about this, and what they will do if I see one, take blood etc?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Most likely, you had a vaso vagal syncope, where there is a transient loss of consciousness. This resulted in fall, with minor head injury.

As of now, your problem seems to be minor, and can be observed at home. You may take betahistine for relief from dizziness.

However, if you develop severe headache, or repeated vomiting, you should go to a doctor. They would perform a CT scan of the head.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Mon, 10 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor