Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Having pain during urination, had Cystitis

I m a 26 year old female and have had previous problems with cystitis and my bladder . Last year I was admitted to hospital as my urinary tract infection had badly affected my kidneys. For the past 2 weeks I have had symptoms of cystitis, burning sensation, constant need to urinate and only a small amount of urine being passed each time. However this evening the urge to go to the bathroom was stronger than usual and I wet myself. I now have pain at the right of my body just below my rib cage, should I seek medical advice or continue to follow my current treatment for cystitis? Could my problem be further symptoms of cystitis? Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  333
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
The pain in the lower part of chest could mean infection in the kidneys from other causes. You need to drink plenty of water. Drink cranberry juice to relieve from symptoms of urinary infection. Visit the Urologist, get urine tested for microscopy, culture, sensitivity. Do an Ultrasound KUB also.
Answered: Thu, 9 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You have got chronic infection in urinary tract,causing all distressing symptoms.
This time as you got pain on right side below rib cage seems renal colic.
You go for urine,routine and culture.
After culture report go for long course of antibiotic.
Go for ultra sound to rule out kidney stones and other pathology in kidney.
Take plenty of water.
ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor