Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Having on/off neck, shoulder pain with disturbing lower back pain, numbness in hand. Diagnosed as triptoma by doctor. What is this?

Hi! I am 39 years old. I am getting neck and shoulder pain on an off. And also a very disturbing lower back pain . Sometimes I even feel numbness in my left hand . When I consulted a doctor he told its triptoma. When I surfed the internet I could not find any such thing. Please may I know what sort of disease its troubling me.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Pain shoulder, low back pain and numbness in hand suggest muscle strain due to overstretch or bad posture. However, spinal stenosis should also be ruled out in which narrow vertebra can compress spinal cord and present with leg or arm weakness, back pain, numbness in hand or legs.It is usually associated with aging but it may be caused by bone disease.
There is no disease called triptoma in my knowledge.
You should avoid jerky movements and bad posture.
Icing may help.
You may take muscle relaxants and naproxen or acetaminophen to relieve pain.
You are advised to visit doctor and get x-ray, MRI or/and CT scan to rule out diseases.
Hope it helps.
Take care!
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor