Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Having hole on face due to acne. Not cured by laser treatment. How to get rid of it?

Hi there.. I have holes on my face due to acne which I had in past.. I went for four laser treatments but the holes are not going away.. They have reduced and in the mornings they disappear completely leaving my skin flawless but as the day goes by it becomes more visible.. WAT DO I DO TO GET RID OF IT? Any creams that can reduce it or any facial exercises..
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

The'holes' on your face are a result of acne.In medical term we call it as scars. laser treatments are definately the best remedy for them. But these scars can be of various types, some respond very well to laser and some have a moderate response,depending on the nature of the scar.Kindly check with your dermatologist what type of laser has been used.Fractional laser is the best for acne scars.

If you further want improvement you can opt for dermal fillers.These are injections and via these the scars can be filled. Kindly meet your dermatologist who can evaluate if the procedure is suitable for your scars.

Creams do not penetrate to the required depth and more ever this is due to loss of collagen which can not be provided by just creams.

Take Care
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor