Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Having frequent styes in the eye and knots on the face. What is wrong?

I had what I thought was a sty on the top of my left eye it stayed for two days.Then I got another one on the bottom of my right eye now I m getting one on the bottom of my left eye. And I notices a knot on my right temple that went away after two days ,now I have a knot on my face in front of my ear on the let side.Can u tell me what might be wrong.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Styes on eye lids are due to viral infection.

Hot foamentation would be helpful.

Broad spectrum antibiotics like Doxicycline may be taken for few weeks.

If there is pain, take anti inflammatory drugs like brufen combined with paracetamol.

Take immunobusters.

The knot on cheek would be acne conglobeta.

Apply adapalene gel.

Isotretinoin 10 mg would clear the lesion.

Still, you consult dermatologist.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Fri, 4 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor