Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Having freckles on arms, back. Using hydroquinone cream, some improvement. Solution?

Hi, I m of Pakitsani origin and have a darker-tan skin tone... I m 18 years old and my upper arms and back have dark brown spots scattered around, almost like freckles, and they re really unsightly. I can t wear tank tops or anything because of them. There are no raised bumps, just discoloration. They didn t appear til I was about 14 or so. Recently I ve been using a 3% hydroquinone cream on them and they seem to look better than before (it s been 2 weeks). I was wondering if I should continue with this treatment and if it would gradually improve? And I was wondering if this condition has a name or anything? I really hate the discoloration and would do anything to remove it. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response freckles are over the sunexposed areas use a sunscreen in the morning hydrioquinone works but use a mild steriod in the evening and kojic acid preparations in the night helps more
Answered: Sun, 4 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor