Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Having breathing problem with damaged kidney.What I should do ?

My father is having breathing problem. he is obese, 100kg. feet and body gets swel. he is 72 years. recenty we have consulted cardiack specialist. he has done blood and urin test. urea 55mg/dl, creatinine 1.8mg/dl. according to dr. his both kidney is damged. but we have doubt on his comments. because other then his breathing problem, he is absolutely fine. because of his comments we are all mantely disturbd. can you give your suggestion, what i should do with my father.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

It is true that the serum creat is altered. But i guess ur doctor has forgotten that he is 72 and s creat of 1.8 is normal in them but the s urea is raised indicating acute renal failure which is reversible. If he is throwing more than 900ml f urine per day then he will be fine
After getting his s lytes checked he can be put on tab lasix 20 mg 1-1-0. But please meet a good nephrologist befoer this

have a healthy living
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor