Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Having abdominal and testicle pain, had infected cut on foot. Is it possible I have a hookworm?

I have right side abdominal pain , and testicle pain when i am inactive as well as active. I recently had an infected cut on my foot and recall going outside while this cut was on my foot when it was wet out. Doctors said i may have pulled my groin but my groin muscle does not hurt, only my testicles and right abdomin area. Is it possible I have a hookworm?
Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Your symptoms can be due to ureteric stone, it can lead to right lower abdominal pain radiating to testis. I would advise you to get Ultrasound Abdomen, Xray KUB and Urine Routine Microscopic examinaton done.
It doent looks like a hookworm is causing these symptoms.
Get back to me with reports and we can it further.
Meanwhile take plenty of fluids and antispasmodic like cyclopam 1 BD

Dr. Rajat Gupta

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor