Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Having a dent/ditch in the skull since young, deep enough to put in little finger. Gives a pop sound too. What is it?

hi there i have been having this problem for 6 years. 1 day i was sitting there after waking up in the morning i think i was 16 at the time (now 22) and i scratched my head and i felt a dip in my skull it was big enough for me to put my pinky in. i kept it secret for a long time but now the dip has grown i can only describe as it has flattened my skull i am all ways wearing a cap as i am so embarrassed. it is all most the size of my hand now but another worrying thing is that i can hear what has been described as pop rocks in the head i get the noise (you can feel the noise in your head) all around the miss shaped side of my skull and i get it all around my neck 2 and the other day i started getting pains in my head they were severe and i did a symptoms check and i could only match it up to cluster headake i hope someone can help me plaese
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
You are ignoring the problem for the last 6 years.
Please consult a neurosurgeon immediately and get a CT scan or MRI scan of your head as per their advise.
We need to know what is happening (CT scan or MRI scan will detail this) so that a good treatment option can be advised to you.
Do not feel embarrassed and get a cure at the earliest.
Hope it helps.
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor