Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Have varicocele on the left testicle. Any treatment other than surgery?

hello i have a varicocele on my left side of the testicle , i am married for 2 yrs almost and no kids so far , i do not consider surgery at the moment and in case i am obliged which one you suggest? does any kind of sport exercises or food help relieve the illness? what about medicine is there any? i am 36 yrs old, 76 kilogram, 170 centimetre .
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  257
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have a varicocele on left side and do not have kids 2 years after marriage.Have you ever done your semen Analysis? if not get it done now to know the sperm count and motility of sperms etc.,because varicocele affects the process of spermatogenesis.
2) There is no medical treatment for it is due to incompitant valves in testicular veins and same can not be corrected by medicine so surgery is the only option.Now a days it is performed by Laproscopic surgery which is very simple and painless. Diet or sport can not cure the varicocele.
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor