Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have urinary tract infection, fever. Taken medication. Urine test shows pus cells. Dangerous?

Hi my name is mom is suffering from unrinary tract infection..its been 1 month n was hospitalised but stil deres a fever ..we went through all medication n was discharged in a aatisfactory condition but afta few days shes again struck wid fever and is hoapitalised again..recent urine report says she has 30-50/hpf of puss it dangerious now...could that be fatal for my mom?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It looks your mother has developed chronic UTI and in such type of chronic infections,you need to give proper antibiotics,after culture and sensitivity of urine,for many months.
There are several conditions which make the urine tract infection chronic and these are
Advanced age
Kidney stones
Lying immobile for a long time
if you have chills,fever,vomiting or back or side pain,then this could mean kidney infection.
You have to get all the investigations done to see for any problem which might be making it difficult to treat UTI.
these investigations are
CT abdomen
voiding cystourethrogram etc.
You must consult a urologist and take proper treatment after all relevant investigations.
She shall definitely be all right.

Answered: Tue, 1 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor