Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Have simple partial seizures. Feeling of pins and needles in head. Should I see specialist?

I have epilepsy in the form of simple partial seizures i have been free of them for over a year now but last night i had two within a couple of hours but they were different this time along with the feeling that i was going to pass out i had a feeling of pins and needles all over my head should i go back and see my specialist
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query

Feeling of pins and needles alone doesn't suggest simple partial seizures. A remote second possibility of aura (the feelings just before seizure is likely) can't be excluded.

Just don't worry. You may visit your physician if this recurs and disturbs you or the typical signs that you had earlier

Best wishes
Answered: Sun, 17 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Neurologist Dr. Suyog Doshi's  Response
Yes. You should

First of all we need verification whether these new episodes really were seizures or some other paroxysmal phenomenon. If they were seizures then we need to find out the reason for them. Most important cause is drug default. Other reason is inadequate dose as per your weight. So all these things will be better explained by specialist
Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor