Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have severe urine retention. Ultrasound test done. Taking catheherterisation and medication. Is surgery only option?

hello dr. my father is 60 yrs old and complained of severe urine retention ,ultrasound showed PVRU 926ml (significant) ,urinary bladerover distended (1100ml) ,prostate wt is 69.8 gms...after 5 days of catheterisation n medicines still no improvement ..grade IV prostatic laser surgery the only option or can medication give relief....pls pls help dr.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank for asking query in HCM
As your father is suffering form Retention of urine becouse of prostatic enlargement.
At this condition medicine does not help more , so you will have to for surgery.
Now a days laser surgery is very advanced technique and the surgery is not so complicated.
So dont mind without hazitation you can go for laser surgery
take care
i hope this information will be helpful for you
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor