Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Have s.aureus infection. Pus samples showed moderate growth of s.aureus. How to get relief?

Sir I have s.aureus infection for the past six months. I also had a stye in the mouth and right eye during the period. , My pus samples showed moderate growyh of s.aureus with resistance to methicillin group of antibiotics . I have been prescribed cefadroxyl 500 tablets... Now after two months , I am again getting mild infections of s. aureus for which I am prescribed lizolid 600 tablets. Kindly advise how to eradicate this s.aureus infection completely. Thanks & regards karthik
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you.unfortunately you are suffering from methicillin resistant s.aureus not mention the sensitive antibiotic of c/s report.are you diabetic? check blood have to do blood culture and x-ray of the affected part to exclude bone infection. in case of methicillin resistant,intravenous vancomycin may be a suitable alternative for you.i hope that you are not a iv drug user. so repeat c/s of the pus and use appropriate antibiotic for optimum duration.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Karthik,
Cefadroxyl is not the treatment for methicillin resistant staph aureus( MRSA), but Linezolid 600mg 12 hourly for 14 days is a standard treatment for MRSA. Hopefully your infection will be treated by this treatment. Good luck. Take care!!
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor