What causes a brown patch on the leg?
I FORGOT TO MENTION I HAD THIS BROWN SPOT ABOUT THE SIZE OF A QUARTER ON MY LEG FOR YEARS SO NOTHING NEW......JUST THAT IT BECAME ITCY PERIODICALLY ...... I THINK WHEN THE PHY. ASS'T DID THE FREEZING HE WENT WAY TOO DEEP PERHAPS THIS IS WHY IT'S TAKING SO LONG TO HEAL AND STILL LOOKS LIKE A TINY CORE IS SORE .....THANKS XXXXXXX
Bactroban definately works,extra points to note.
I evaluated your query thoroughly.
*Bactroban ( Mupirocin ) is an antibiotic useful agaisnt superficial skin infections
such as impetigo or folliculitis , also against Methicillin-resistant-S.Aureus
infetions. yes use for 10 days as cream / ointment applied to the area would
definately help to get faster healing keeping in concern of upcoming knee
*Along with that you should :
- keep the area clean with antiseptic soap / liquid 3-4 times a day & dry.
- avoid direct trauma / exposure to sunlight.
- avoid scratching / excess perspiration.
- avoid any insect bite over the area.
- avoid tight clothings like jeans etc.
- keep your BP , Blood sugar levels under control.
- take high protein , iron diet helping in faster wound healing by natural ways
of building up body immunity.
- application of Pure Honey over the non-healing part 3-4 times a day have
given us tremendous results in such cases over the years.
- Alternative to Bactroban is Zole-F cream containing Fluocinolone & Miconazole
as active ingredients : prevent release of chemicals in body , prevent growth
of fungi & bacteria by increasing cellular permeability.
- Use of systemic antibiotics depend on the clinical assessment of the wound.
- avoid smoking / alcohol / abuse substances used if any.
Hope this clears your query.
Thanks for using Health Care Magic & keeping trust in our services.
Wishing you fast and speedy recovery from the same.
Welcome for any further queries regarding this or rate the answer and close
Regards dear take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools