Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Have pain in ribs. Had a accident. No medication till now. What it could be?

I fell off my bike on a jump track it was a bmx and landed on my ribs on right side and now I have a pain just above my obliques an below my right rib cage and some areas of my right rib cage the fall knocked the wind out of me I can't sleep and when ever I eat or drink I am sick 10 minutes later I feel week and tired also but can't sleep for more then 10 minutes
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain in the ribs could be due to an injury to the ribs or a muscle injury. In both the cases, you need to have rest, use a chest belt of appropriate size for relief.
Taking mild pain killers will also be of help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor