Have pain in lower abdomen, swollen stomach. Got constipation at times. Took laxatives

I woke a week ago with a sharp pain in my lower left abdomen while in Vegas. When I woke the next morning with a plane to catch I was swollen in my normally flat stomach I looked 4-5 months pregnant. I took some gas pills and the next morning the swelling was gone. I still had a long hard mass there. I do have problems with constipation at times but this doesn t really feel like that, despite the fact a phone call to a PA friend said this was probably what it was. So I started taking laxatives for 3-4 days. Those have not helped the size of this mass at all. The mass is hard doesn t move and mostly bothersome because I can feel its there when I m sitting. My stomach is pretty flat agian so it is not protruding. I ve had a couple bruises show up on my stomach in the last day or two also. One of them around my naval has me concerned. I do not have insurance so I hate to go to the dr for them to say nothing is wrong. What possible things could come up over night aside from constipation?
Mon, 18 Nov 2013