Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have oily skin and blackheads. Is there a permanent cure?

I have oily skin and suffer from blackheads.. It s a struggle for me as a gay man.. I m 21 years old and I m wanting to have perfect skin. My skin always has a greasy look to it.. I would like my pores to appear smaller and my face to appear smooth with an even color skin tone. I fear i will always have this issue as long as i struggle with oily skin. It effects not only my appearance but my emotional health as well would insurance possibly pay for this surgery/ or therapy i need to fix this issue? And what operations could possibly fix this issue? I m looking for something more long term or permanent it s something I m so tired of struggling with.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
To treat your skin concerns, these suggestions might be helpful
Use a salicylic acid based face wash twice in a day
Get your blackheads removed regularly
Apply adapalene gel or retino a cream over face for two hours. This would reduce recurrence of blackheads and decrease oiliness too. Apply in very small amounts and do not rub the medicine as it might cause redness
You may also consult a dermatologist and take oral isotretinoin for few weeks. This would reduce oiliness, blackheads and shrink pore size too.
Sessions of chemical peels too would take care of your concerns

You can see there are multiple options but a personalised treatment plan according to your skin analysis can only be suggested when you take a consultation with dermatologist.

Hope that answers your query. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 25 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor